It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seefy /// 31: cell-shade Koehi // 32: Frei speedpaint
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:15 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

○ Angel: I really should have taken a video of me this time. D: I can help you start learning, though! What do you want to know?
○ Ego: Thanks! And I agree with the lips. Those have been giving me some trouble lately. XD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 pm 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
Looks really good Seefy! Can't really findd anything wrong with it.. cept maybe you could make the lips a bit more crisp? Other than that.. cool stuff! ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm 
Three-Fan

AHSKJSDGKSUD
ok you need to teach me how you do this. D:

Post subject: Re: Seefy /// 29: Septi, Bram?, Randomguy, and workspace pho
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:18 am 
Obsessed-Fan

○ Gunz: Yeah, totally. XD I go on these kicks, you know. And yes, I'll try to color as much as possible now so I can sharpen my skills.
○ Jai: No problem! I'm going to push myself more so I can start improving again.

♠ I . f o r g o t . h o w . m u c h
I love not cell-shading. This was SO much easier than my last update. And I also forgot how much I love this character. For those of you who remember, it's Frei. :D

This one was a personal challenge because I wanted to see what I could do with color. A big problem of mine when I'm shading is that I like tho use the same hue and just vary the saturation/value. On this one I tried to use a good array of hues. I used some blues, purples, and reds in the shadows and blue in my highlights, too. Very fun. It was also a good challenge because I only let myself work on the face for twenty minutes. Then I had to move on!

I should try speed painting more often. Tomorrow I'll try to draw some other people from her world/universe/whatever you want to call it. And yesss, Koehi is in it, too. :)

Post subject: Re: Seefy /// 31: Oh, goodness, colored Keohi headshot.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
Going tribal lately are we? Awesome stuff. You should color more often

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:30 am 
Ultimate-Fan

Woah. Thanks for all this information. I'll start trying to apply it more! I hope to continue to see these lovely pieces from you this often.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 am 
Obsessed-Fan

○ Fox: I'm not afraid of stuff like that because it's just hair and it always grows back. I'm so sick and tired about worrying about my hair all the time, I honestly would shave it off. My mom's not too keen on that, and since it's her-house-her-rules, I've convinced her to let me get dreadlocks, the next least bothersome thing.
○ Cake: Thanks for the encouragement! I've been trying to draw more lately because I got a sudden burst of motivation/creativity. That, and my neighbor who told me I should draw every day got hospitalized for an infection. It's the least I could do for her. 
○ Jai: WELL. The tutorial I've been focusing on the most is Navate's skin tutorial on DA. Her notes on how different skin colors react to light are so helpful and enlightening (not to mention easy to understand!). I haven't really followed a how to shade tutorial for a few years, though. A lot of my different shading styles come from me looking at an artist's work, then trying to immitate it. This particular style is inspired by Setsuna22 on DA. The biggest tip I can give anyone trying to shade is to try putting your darkest colors down first then building from there by using only highlights. It forces you to create a larger range of depth for some reason. It's really difficult to grasp when you first try it, but it gets easier. If you have any questions about what I do or need any advice, I'd be happy to help anytime. :) As for commissions, well. I think there are some things I need to learn before I take those on. For example, poor Windy gave me a commission a few months ago, but I never finished because of some family drama and poor time management and stress and all sorts of things. I felt SO terrible for not finishing (and I still feel like a sleaze! D: ). I also need to learn to work at bigger, more quality resolutions. This one is like 600 pixels wide, I think. I might reopen commissions for just headshots just to start, though, because I need money really badly for a tour I'm taking on spring break. Problem is, I don't really know how much my work is worth. :S Thank you so much, though, Jai. Every comment each one of you gives is a really big encouragement to me lately. <3 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:29 am 
Ultimate-Fan

HOW DO YOU DO THIS. WHAT TUTORIALS DO YOU USE?
Seriously. Your work is pro level. I would so pay you for commissions because I would get what my money is worth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 am 
Ultimate-Fan

u really been pumpin out the past few days keep it up

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:51 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
I would actually like to shave my head but I don't even have the guts to cut it short now so I doubt that will change even in...9 Years?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:49 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

○ Strawberry: Thanks!
○ Naruto: No, but I plan on shaving my head one day when I move out of the house. I really like the masculine and androgynous aesthetics. :) It made me feel happy when my sister saw me drawing Koehi up there and asked whether she was a boy or girl.

Last edited by Celestial-Fox on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
Hahhahaha well if I shaved my head...well actually nvm that was when I was younger. Do you have a short hairstyle? Oh and on xbox live everybody thinks I'm a boy >.<.....it's what's on the inside that counts :]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 pm 
New-Fan

love it!

Post subject: Re: Seefy /// 29: Septi, Bram?, Randomguy, and workspace pho
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

○ Chii: I have? Thank you a lot! And yeah, that hand. And the disappearing arm. And the random light source (bad planning). Too much goes wrong when I don't think about it beforehand! Lol. But that you very much; that comment meant a lot to me. C:
○ Angel: Not really, but I had a better grasp of how to shade with the correct amount of reflectiveness and was well on my way with atmospheric lighting. BUT NOW. UH. I'm lost. XD
○ Toast: SEE? MY TEACHER DIDN'T LIKE THAT. She was like, "Blahblahblah, I don't like how he's black and white, blahblah." I was like, "Pffft, silly goose you," so I took this piece home and never turned it in. I cooked up something different before her ridiculous deadline. D< AND YES, I WILL TRY TO DO MORE CHALLENGING THINGS. <333
○ Narufox: Little kid, talking about me: "I like that boy's jacket. It was really cool." I'm really bullnecked and I've been mistaken for my dad on the phone. D|
○ Zi: I KNOWWW. :D!

♠ :)
Quick Koehi spam.

Happy thanksgiving. :D

Last edited by Celestial-Fox on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Seefy /// 30: WORST IDEA IN THE WORLD. (colored somethin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:45 pm 
Lucky-Fan

dude
AMAZING @_@ I want more stuff like this dangit!! also your the dude with the beard and bird combo is epic, I like how the trees the only coloured thing

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next