It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D&D 3.5] Helena is scary
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:34 am 
Mega-Fan

Listening To: Black Velvet
Lets do the time warp

_____

This garden was beautiful, once. Therion left enough of it whole that you can see that. There are even plants here, and most of the statues around you are whole. The stone angels and saints offer no comfort however, because just outside this place there is nothing but total ruin. If anything, the remnants of the beautiful Lawful Doré just make the destruction even more horrific.

No doubt DeVaudry picked this place for effect.

She stands in front of you, tallish, slender. Soft waves of red hair falling to her chin, clouds of freckles visible everywhere where her skin is exposed. Which is not very much. Her clothes are sensible everyday wear; neat trousers, clean shirt, crisp waistcoat and coat. All in shades of white, grey and black. Sensible everyday wear sure, but for battling hordes of undead…? She’s not even armed. Her expression is somewhat reminiscent of Helena; she’s clearly a woman who has spent no inconsiderable time under the Grand Crusader.

Next to her stands a man. Well, a half man, to be exact as the great, feathered wings that arch from his back proclaim him to be. This half-angel gives tall a new meaning, towering over everyone, his rippling muscular bulk held stiff and formal. In one spade hand he grips a warhammer. Made of silver, of course.

To deVaudry’s other side, a woman. Now she is dressed to fight the undead, armoured, shielded, and holding a big mace. Her dark hair is long, framing a face that’s as warm and cuddly as her weapon.

Nice bunch.

DeVaudry surveys you slowly, looking you up and down and apparently not too impressed with what she sees. What does she know anyway, the woman doesn’t look like she’s ever held a sword in her life, and she’s slim enough that if you gave her anything heavier than a dagger she’d most likely fall over.

Suddenly, she salutes. “Lucille DeVaudry. This is Rosaline Atkins, and the mountain over there is Renagald. So, you are the strike team. Introduce yourselves.”

- Asexual people don't give a fuck -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 am 
Lucky-Fan

Renagald simply glared at the newcomers.

You could tell at a glance that this man had as much forgiveness and friendliness in him as the stone angels he stood by. This was a person raised by the Cuthburtians.

"Pride, Lust and Disobedience," Renagald stated to the assembled group. "I see it in all your faces."

His wings billowed as he spoke, his voice deep and booming.

"Leave them here, or you will never truly serve the Saint."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 am 
Super-Dooper-Fan

Listening To: Binary Star
Reading: Lolita
Eating: Food
Drinking: Alcohol
Playing: FPS-RPG/Indy
"Ramirez Aquila, Church Assassin at your service, sirs, madams. Some might say that I was the chastest, most obedient, and most humble member of the strike team."

Oh, really, sometimes Ramirez killed himself. Luckily his internal giggling didn't manage to break through his facade of emotionless obedience. He glanced at the cleric and the half-dead magician flanking him, winked at them, and smirked.

My Writing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:58 am 
Mega-Fan

"My name is Alberto Robert, Evoker. And I am much too old for lust, pride or disobedience." He stated. Angels are so haughty.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

"And you?" Rosaline jabbed a finger at Vivien. She also glared at him with dark brown, almost black, eyes. However the glare was made a little less intimidating because under those eyes were giant black circles, like she hadn't slept in days.

"What is your name, knave?" She spoke in the harshest tone possible. Then suddenly her expression changed to one of shock and embarrassment. "Oh! I mean... What is your name, honey? NO! Brother!" Her eyes went back to a glare, and her voice changed to suit. "What is your name, Brother??" Yeah she must be pretty sleepy. Unless she was just an idiot?? A heavily armored idiot with a god on her side...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 pm 
Super Mod

Vivien took a deep breath. He had been, at first, impressed by their new allies, particularly the half-celestial, but now that they'd opened their mouths...Still, he managed to maintain his usual serene expression.

As usual, he bowed. "My name is Vivien Bellerose; I am a cleric. A pleasure to meet you all of you, and I pray that we will work together successfully, for the justice of the Saint." Vivien directed his gaze toward Reginald. "I am sorry that we do not appear to you worthy, but hopefully our actions in the future will show our character in its true light, imperfect though it must be." A gentle smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm 
Mega-Fan

Lucille gave Ramirez a flat stare. "Most humble is an oxymoron. Clearly you're also the most idiotic." She turned away from him, bored, and walked over to Alberto, her hands clasped behind her back. "Evoker, hmm? Good. I don't hold much with magic myself, but I've seen Evoker handiwork before. It can be impressive stuff."
She looked over to Vivien as he spoke, and nodded. "Your devotion is sincere." She approved of the team, mostly. And if Ramirez fucked up, the Grand Crusader would deal with him, Cuthbert willing. She didn't even feel annoyance at Ramirez's presence; the Saint had a plan, and she would serve Him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:48 pm 
Super-Dooper-Fan

Ramirez smiled at Lucille. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I say most humble? I should have said that I try to be as humble as I can. Please don't believe I'm a prideful, lustful, or disobedient person, I serve Him just as much as you, or anyone else here does."
He looked up at the hulking superhuman and raised an eyebrow.
"I think you and I could work well together, sir. I'm pleased to meet you."

My Writing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:46 pm 
Mega-Fan

She turned back to him disinterestedly. "You follow His plan, as we all follow His plan and His will. Your body and your actions are not your own, anymore than the herbivore chooses it's preference to plants. You are an instrument of His divine will. The Grand Crusader is one of His agents, and we are His pawns." She paused, and raised an eyebrow. "You do not have to prove your servitude to me." She turned away again, disinterested. She didn't care what Ramirez did, or thought, or felt. It was not her place to question Him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:03 am 
Ultimate-Fan

DeVaudry's speech almost made Rosaline start sobbing. Fortunately, she managed to control herself and only a single tear came out, which she wiped away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 am 
Lucky-Fan

Renagald glared at Rosaline for a split moment before turning back to the Assassin.

"The only cure for Pride is humility," He gruffly told the snickering sinner before addressing the greater assembled group. "This goes for all of you, I will dole out any penance required to keep you in the Saint's light. A loose grip leads often leads to Him."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 am 
Mega-Fan

Lucille just gave the half-angel the same flat stare she'd given Ramirez. "He brought us here for a reason, Renagald. Do you dare to question Him and His plan? Do you claim to be above the Grand Crusader and her infinite wisdom? Who are you to preach to us, the Saint's soldiers? You are every bit as unworthy as the rest of us, whatever your heritage. You are every bit as susceptible to human sin as the rest of us. Unless your pride tells you otherwise?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 am 
Lucky-Fan

"You presume far too much, and insert words where you wish." Renagald glowered, ruffling his wings. "No-one is above the Saint, not even the Grand Crusader."

"But even as I dislike you, rest assured." He continued, if not anymore gently. "Should you ever fall off the wagon, I will take no pleasure in nailing you back on." He brandished his hammer for effect. "And you will be nailed back on, whether you live or not."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:58 pm 
Mega-Fan

Lucille shrugged. "Nothing is above the Saint."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:48 pm 
Super-Dooper-Fan

"Come, don't be so deterministic, my dear. Free will is one of His designs, and in choosing to follow His plan one proves themselves to be worthy of His attention. We have the choice not to - in His infinite wisdom the Saint has given us the choice to disobey His plan: if we didn't have that choice then our following of him would be meaningless. Allow me to demonstrate."

Ramirez drew his shortsword and made it perform an elegant midair twirl, catching it by the hilt in one hand. That was a sleight of hand check btw.

"I fail to see why He would plan for me to do such a frivolous thing."

My Writing

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next