It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: =:3MangaTutorials SaiMoe Tournament:3=ended
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 am 
Fan's-Fan

Listening To: Jpop
Reading: Manga
Eating: Pan Mee
Drinking: Coke Float
Playing: Kingdom hearts Birth By Sleep
What is a SaiMoe Tournament/competition?
- To find and pick the most "Moe" Character of all. Includes Both Male and Female Anime characters may it be human or not [as long as it looks Cute and not so Fucked up]

Meaning OF "Moe"
-Moe (萌え?, pronounced [mo.e], literally "budding", as with a plant or adorable), occasionally spelled Moé, is a Japanese slang word originally referring to a strong interest in a particular type or style of character in video games, anime or manga. For example, 眼鏡っ娘萌え, meganekko-moe, "glasses-girl moe", describes a person who is attracted to fictional characters with eyeglasses. "Moe!" is also used within anime fandom as an interjection referring to a character the speaker considers to be a moekko (a blossoming or "budding" girl).

A more detailed inside on this event and moe
Well if it really isn't clear to you then I'll do a little rundown on what/how this competition wants/picks its winners and also at the same time there will be some explanation on Moe.

Characters that usually win SaiMoe tournaments are the ones that grab the most attention. Not just by beauty or their body but also by cloths, their personality, Hair color, cloths color and so on. One of the most important things you will have to take note on how to make a Moe character at their prime is by their level of cuteness. Basically the character needs to have both beauty and cuteness but usually we focus more on their level of cuteness. Colors play a very important role in building a moe character's cuteness level as well. Example: picking the right colors to represent you characters style or personality, Green the color of jealousy or red/white the color of a fighting yet peace loving personality/spirit. Usually you use the colors for their cloths, eyes, accessories etcetc. You must also take note that the way you draw the characters eye may sometimes effect the cuteness/ beauty level as well. Obviously accessories, favorite food, pets and things they like also would effect their level of cuteness/beauty but at the same time its also not that important as long as you got your character planned out nicely but adding those stuff would definitely be a boost. The usual items placed on a Moe Characters to make them attractive is, Big hats[they just catch peoples attention like crazy], Neko ears[cat ears], Glasses[to give them that innocent but yet cute kinda feeling]. Here are some very good examples of a Moe character at its prime:

By Emperpep [ http://emperpep.deviantart.com/ ]

But at the end of the day it all comes down to you imagination and original concepts and your understanding of what a real moe character should be like. the more original your character, the better. Just keep in mind of the many things I stated down. Hope this answers your questions and gives everyone a better understanding of Moe.

Rules, Regulations, Judging type, prize
1.Prize: Winner's OC becomes Manga Tutorials Moe Mascot for 6 months and would be featured at the MT Main page and also in DA.
2.Voting: The Judges will be everyone including non members.
2.Rules:
-The contestants can vote BUT they are not allowed to vote for their own characters. Meaning if lets say the voting match is Slurpee oc vs Matt oc. both Matt and Slurpee are not allowed to vote on that.
-Contestants are only allowed to register three O'C at Max. Registering 1 or 2 is acceptable.
-Contestants must state down some Bio/ Personality/ likes and donts so everyone will know how your character is like. [ no need childhood stuff, just what they like to do etcetc you know the rest]
-Characters must be drawn individually/ different pics.

Time and Date of voting
- Voting starts January 2nd
-Voting will be 24 hours
-Voting will last for 2 days [each bracket]
-Registration ends 15 December
-Date line for submission is December 28

Keep in mind
1. If the number of participants are too low then I'll have no choice but to pull the plug on this competition.
2. I will not pull the plug if the number of participants reach 10 or more.
3. How many participants can join? I don't want to make this first competition too long so maybe 42 will be the max.
4. Rules and regulations??? PLEASE READ THE TOP.
5. How to enter? Simple. Just state the few things below.
[example]
MT Nick[optional]: Mikuru
Name[Not optional]: Joel[Real name please/ no need full name if you don't want to state it down]
Age[optional]:18
Number of OC's[optional]:[its up to you how many you want to enter]
DA[Optional]:mitmit92@deviantart.com
6. If you just want to put down your nick name and nothing more I'm okay with it.
7. You must be a member of MT.
8. Obey the rules or prepare to die.
9. Enjoy yourself and please DO NOT COPY OTHER PARTICIPANTS IDEAS! try to keep it original.

Contestants
1. Matt
2. Error 404
3. HtE
4. Slurpee
5. Celestial-Fox
6. Erikamae
7. Kiiryu
8. Blue_Dragon_7
9. tzvety
10. Jaidurn
11. Mizu
12.Saphira
13.Umberthekid
14.Gabo
15.Obitual Crow

PLEASE READ PEOPLE! I ALREADY MADE IT EASY FOR YOU BY PUTTING EVERYTHING HERE!!!!

Last edited by miKuru on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am, edited 40 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Manga Tutorials SaiMoe Tournament anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

I win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:35 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

I'd imagine a lot of people being interested but nothing about judges or prizes has been talked about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Giga-Fan

I'm interested.

Any rules?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:58 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: Music
Reading: Books
Eating: Food
Drinking: Water
Playing: Street Fighter IV
Yes i'm joining. But first you need to set up rules, due date, and prizes. Maybe multiple judges, because more opinions and critiques on work would be nice :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 am 
Fan's-Fan

Slurpee wrote:
Yes i'm joining. But first you need to set up rules, due date, and prizes. Maybe multiple judges, because more opinions and critiques on work would be nice :D

I'm not going to start anything until I have approval from Rio and the mods. We need to get approval if we want to start something under MT.

Well ok here is what I have in mind but first I think we need approval from Rio and the mods:
Prize: Winner's OC becomes Manga Tutorials Moe Mascot of the year and would be featured at the MT Main page and also in DA. this would be a good exposure for the artist. But of course the mascot still belongs to the owner.
Voting: The Judges will be everyone. We could get our members to vote which one they like. We could also get non members to vote through lets say... Deviant Art? We could post it up and maybe some interested people might come and vote. We could also get new members that way and we could also get a lot of inside and out side critics from various people not just two or 3 judges.
Date and time: Maybe the voting will last for two days? So that we can give people time to vote and also time for those who could not make it on the first voting day. I estimate voting time to be example [Friday 12am - Sunday 12am] At this time maybe we could set up a few Voting pools.
Rules:
-The contestants can vote BUT they are not allowed to vote for their own characters. Meaning if lets say the voting match is Slurpee oc vs Matt oc. both Matt and Slurpee are not allowed to vote on that.
-Contestants are only allowed to register three O'C at Max. Registering 1 or 2 is acceptable.
-Contestants must state down some Bio so everyone will know how your character is like. [ no need childhood stuff, just what they like to do etcetc you know the rest]
Number of contestants: It depends how many join
How to win: We could build a bracket and do a line up. So basically looser drops out winner advances to meet the other bracket winner and so on till we find a winner.

I think this would be ok. You guys have any suggestions and also did I miss anything else?

Last edited by miKuru on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:48 pm 
Giga-Fan

Well, I'm not good material to judge stuff in depth, but I like that idea. I'm in. *Runs off to start drawing*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: Music
Reading: Books
Eating: Food
Drinking: Water
Playing: Street Fighter IV
Very thought out! Now... wheres a mod when you need one? >.>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 pm 
Super Mod

Location: Ako lang ay hindi maaaring naniniwala puwit tenyente
Mods can't do anything with the main page of MT; we can only do stuff on the forum. You're gonna have to talk to Rio about that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 am 
Fan's-Fan

Matt wrote:
Well, I'm not good material to judge stuff in depth, but I like that idea. I'm in. *Runs off to start drawing*

Lol hold it Matt I still haven't got approval from Rio

Hayashida wrote:
Mods can't do anything with the main page of MT; we can only do stuff on the forum. You're gonna have to talk to Rio about that.

Okay I'll talk to Rio about it. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:29 pm 
Giga-Fan

Meh. I'm gonna be drawing moes anyway. I'll just submit my best if the contest goes through.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 am 
Fan's-Fan

Anyway regardless of that... even though Rio does approve, I think we would have to see how many people are interested in this. I don't want to start a competition that nobody is interested in. I'll post up a poll and see how many people agrees to this. You guys can help me by sending out the message to other members of MT.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:50 pm 
Founder

Sounds interesting but 1) a year is too long in my opinion. 6 months or quarterly would be better and 2) there is generally a lack of participants when doing contests so if there is a good amount of folks who want to participate, then I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 am 
Fan's-Fan

Rio wrote:
Sounds interesting but 1) a year is too long in my opinion. 6 months or quarterly would be better and 2) there is generally a lack of participants when doing contests so if there is a good amount of folks who want to participate, then I'm all for it.

Hmmm I see your point. But actually the reason why I want it to be for a year is because I want to make this competition sort of like a yearly thing. To put it simple we could make this like a yearly main event/competition for MT. But okay six months does sound fare enough to me. We could do it this way, After six months the winners OC enters MT archive [PS:make a thread or an archive so we can mark the winning OC's of the previous year]. On that same day it would also mark the beginning of the next competition. This way we could give more time for everyone to think up designs and also getting members to join would most probably be not much of a problem. We could start the votings on the 1st day of the new year[January 1st]. So yea thats what I have in mind. Anyway about the number of participants, we will worry about that later, right now I'll just wait and see how many people are interested in having this event via the poll.

Post subject: Re: MangaTutorials SaiMoe Tournament[ Registration ]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:45 am 
Fan's-Fan

Okay guys voting is over you may still vote if you want to but yeah you will understand why I stop waiting for votes. For now I'll be doing registration however there are a few things that you all should keep in mind.
1. If the number of participants are too low then I'll have no choice but to pull the plug on this competition.
2. I will not pull the plug if the number of participants reach 20 or more.
3. How many participants can join? I don't want to make this first competition too long so maybe 42 will be the max.
4. Rules and regulations??? PLEASE READ THE TOP.
5. How to enter? Simple. Just state the few things below.
[example]
MT Nick[optional]: Mikuru
Name[Not optional]: Joel[Real name please]
Age[optional]:18
Number of OC's[optional]: 1/2/3 [its up to you how many you want to register. Just don't be more then 3]
DA[Optional]:mitmit92@deviantart.com
6. You must be a member of MT.
7. Obey the rules or prepare to die.
8. Enjoy yourself and please DO NOT COPY OTHER PARTICIPANTS IDEAS! try to keep it original.

I'll be waiting ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next