It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fame.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 am 
Three-Fan

Location: Wrecking your home and making you call me "New Mommy"!
Drinking: Water
Playing: teehee *blush*
Fame.
What is fame to you? Is it somthing you want or somthing you can live without or would hate with a passion?
Do you think it would be a lengthy process to become famous? If fame is somthing you want then what level do you hope to achieve? Local? National? International? Why and what for?
Do you think we should be even concerned about being famous maybe oneday because in the end its just you being shallow and wanting attention most likely for somthing stupid that matters only to you and the nosey media whores around the world? Does fame do terrible things to good people (Kate Gosselin for exa. . . wait no i said good people nevermind) and change them into attention seaking idiots who just want to move some product and make some money to continue a viscious cycle of self gratification with no end in sight?

I do actually want to be famous someday. I know that its allmost impossible to become famous overnight but i no longer wish to be a sudden sensation or anything like that. I want to build it from the ground up and if that takes years i really dont care but i will do it. I want to be known for somthing. I have no idea what it is tho. I want to make somthing that some one will see and say "OMG did Psy(or whatever pseudonym i chose to go by eventually) do/make that?" or somthing like "Is that a Psy original?". I dont think i want to have my face recognized world wide just my work. Like i said i want to be known for my work and efforts or contributions to society or humanity not because i was on some reality show or anything asinine like that. I would hope that i could handle the pressure and that i could count on the people around me to keep me from fucking up royally and just being a diva about it all.
In the end tho i think that it is still vain of me to want to be praised (and i do infact just want to be praised for being awesome and will be the first to admit to my vanity but im not going to be a douche about it either) and actively seek to become famous. With fame comes so many more venues and chances for your thoughts and opinins to be heard and to change things or help (or atleast to get people to listen to them and actually take notice). You can make some diffrence even without fame but it seems like a futile effort and pointless even if its not. Not saying that you shouldnt or couldnt do some good on a small scale or have a major impact on a global level somehow doing somthing small (i just cant imagine one tho honestly).
Tear it apart if you like and show me how wrong and dumb this all sounds but discuss it and share what you think about fame famous people and the desire to be famous.

Post subject: Re: Fame.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:20 am 
Three-Fan

Listening To: The dog snoring and the heater warming up
Reading: Ooku: The Inner Chambers
Eating: My own words
Drinking: Sweet Nectar of Success
Playing: *A Love Game*
Fame, makes a man take things over...

Ha ha, just kidding (I love Bowie, couldn't help it.)

What is fame to you? Is it somthing you want or somthing you can live without or would hate with a passion?

I would like to be famous, but not like "the paparazzi is after me" famous. I mean, a more dignified famous. Like, I don't know anyone who would run down the street screaming after Neil Gaiman, but he's still freakin' awesome and well know and very talented. Or the same for famous mangaka. People wouldn't act stupid (hopefully) around them. That's the kind of fame I would like to achieve. It's being recognized for a talent/skill you have that makes people happy.

Do you think it would be a lengthy process to become famous?

I think in most cases, yes. You have to really build a base in most cases, unless you're lucky and get instantly recognized. I guess J.K. Rawling was kinda like that (even she had to do a lot of work, though.)

If fame is somthing you want then what level do you hope to achieve? Local? National? International? Why and what for?

I think local would be good enough for me, but National isn't bad. International would be acceptable, but not something I am dying hard to achieve.

Do you think we should be even concerned about being famous maybe oneday because in the end its just you being shallow and wanting attention most likely for somthing stupid that matters only to you and the nosey media whores around the world? Does fame do terrible things to good people (Kate Gosselin for exa. . . wait no i said good people nevermind) and change them into attention seaking idiots who just want to move some product and make some money to continue a viscious cycle of self gratification with no end in sight?

I don't think everyone ends up like that. I mean, those type of people like Kate I don't think were all the great of people to begin with. And if your personality is the type to let the hype go to your head, then yeah, you end up being an asshole. I think plenty of people stay down-to-earth about their fame. Like Johnny Depp seems decently normal, and Steven King (still married to the same woman after all these years.) So, yeah, some people act stupid after fame, others not. I think it also hinges on the type of attention you get. Crazy paparazzi chasing after you like Britteny Spears or mad nuts fans like the Beatles had obviously different than your average comic-book writer's fan. I hope that makes some sense.

Well, that's aboot all I have to say on the matter. Sorry if I ramble a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:41 am 
Fan's-Fan

If I become famous then I'll become mainstream at the same time. Being mainstream is the last thing I want; it ruins my obscurity and trendiness man. -Some Hipster
lol

I really don't care about being famous. I realized I have lived my life very happily without being 'known' by the world. It may be really cool if I get recognized for something significant, but I'll be fine without it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:46 am 
Three-Fan

Location: Wrecking your home and making you call me "New Mommy"!
Drinking: Water
Playing: teehee *blush*
I honestly would run up to Neil but not because im his fan its because hes going to or is married to Amanda Palmer. . . teehee!

i honestly just threw that Kate thing in there to be a bit funny about this all. Now that i think about it if i wanted to be serious it woulda been Jon not kate (oops). I agree that not everyone takes a dive off the deep end and all that but i do think that that fame has to go to your head a bit. It allso depends on who you suround yourself with. Look at Lyndsey Lohan? Her family obviously did not have her best intrest at heart or they would have sought help for her long ago. I think fame from a young age is a bad thing. You have to have SOME kind of normalcy in life (even if no one can really say what "NORMAL" really is being famous is NOT normal at any age).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:49 am 
One-Lucky-Fan

What is Fame? (for me)

Fame is a colective aknowledge of your existence and (sometimes) your achievements.

Is something you need?

Everyone need a certain level of fame (in your family). But a biggest one is not needed to live.

Do you want fame? in what level?

I think I would lie if I say "No", most artists and people want to get a level of fame, to be knowed by the people. But of course no one want to be knowed by something bad (Hitler) or something stupid (Linsey Lohan). I think one want be knowed for what one loves, if I love comics I want to be knowed for that, and for the people who also share this love for comics, the same for book writers or other kind of people.

As I said, is kind nice to think in have a level of fame, but not one that restrict your life. I think I would preffer to be knowed by a fews who appreciate my work and win respect for them more than adoration.

There was this documental I saw this year named Teenage Paparazzi. Kinda good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:54 am 
Three-Fan

Listening To: The dog snoring and the heater warming up
Reading: Ooku: The Inner Chambers
Eating: My own words
Drinking: Sweet Nectar of Success
Playing: *A Love Game*
Psy wrote:
I honestly would run up to Neil but not because im his fan its because hes going to or is married to Amanda Palmer. . . teehee!

i honestly just threw that Kate thing in there to be a bit funny about this all. Now that i think about it if i wanted to be serious it woulda been Jon not kate (oops). I agree that not everyone takes a dive off the deep end and all that but i do think that that fame has to go to your head a bit. It allso depends on who you suround yourself with. Look at Lyndsey Lohan? Her family obviously did not have her best intrest at heart or they would have sought help for her long ago. I think fame from a young age is a bad thing. You have to have SOME kind of normalcy in life (even if no one can really say what "NORMAL" really is being famous is NOT normal at any age).

I can agree with that. I mean, fame pretty much* ruined Elvis, since he couldn't even have the freedom to walk down the street. But I don't understand Jon and Kate, man...I mean, they were on TV, but were they harassed a lot and stuff? I don't know, cause I don't have TV and I don't read magazines. I just thought he let it go to his head and left her, and she just got all melodramatic (this is stuff I hear from my sis, since I think she kept track of it.)

Isn't Neil Gaiman hot!!? Side note! I wouldn't chase him down, but I sure would oogle him.

edit: I forgot to type "much"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:21 am 
Ultimate-Fan

Fame is just Karma in a larger form.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:53 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
Fame? I'll be honest, I want to be famous, I want to be known, I want people to know who I am. Sure I like being in the backdrop. But whatever mang.
I just want to be famous for the right things or er...things I WANT to be famous for (art, games, skateboarding maybe, etc.). If I get famous over something accidental, I just won't accept that.
But not red carpet famous. That's the point when you start getting stalked by dudes with cameras and shit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 am 
Forever-A-Fan

Listening To: Why Bacon is awesome
Reading: The Bacon Cookbook
Eating: Bacon
Drinking: Liquid Bacon
Playing: Bacon Barbarian IX: The Quest for the Crispy Bacon
GunZet wrote:
Fame? I'll be honest, I want to be famous, I want to be known, I want people to know who I am. Sure I like being in the backdrop. But whatever mang.
I just want to be famous for the right things or er...things I WANT to be famous for (art, games, skateboarding maybe, etc.). If I get famous over something accidental, I just won't accept that.
But not red carpet famous. That's the point when you start getting stalked by dudes with cameras and shit.

GunZ has stated what I would, but better. Just not Skateboarding

Celestial-Fox wrote:
COME BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK--

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 pm 
Three-Fan

I don't want to be famous. some acknowledgement for my acheivements would be nice, but when it gets to the point where it could actually be called 'fame', I think it would be too much of a spotlight for me. besides, it's not an easy thing to get rid of once you have it. you can't just decide not to be famous anymore.
I think it would be a long process becoming famous if it was for something good, but if it's something bad you did that makes you famous, that can happen overnight.
I don't think its something anyone needs. everyone needs acknowledgement, to a certain extent, but for me acknowledgement and fame are not the same thing. some people want fame, and it might work out well for them, but not everyone is suited to the public spotlight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:40 pm 
Super-Dooper-Fan

Listening To: Binary Star
Reading: Lolita
Eating: Food
Drinking: Alcohol
Playing: FPS-RPG/Indy
You people are insane who say you don't want fame.

I want fame, yeah, but as others have said, I'd prefer not to have legions of knicker-throwing fans. As I see it, there are two types of fame: popularity and immortality. Popularity affects people like Britney Spears or *insert celebrity here*, and tends to be more explosive (having one's face appear in magazines all over, gossip magazines chasing one around), whereas immortality is based more on skill, and may not gain one any recognition in one's lifetime, but ensures you'll be remembered by future members of a narrow field. An example of this would be Friedrich Nietzsche, who was never recognised during his lifetime, but after his mental collapse and death became respected as a key 19th-century philosopher, laying the groundwork for several further philosophical theories. The Beatles would be an example of both popularity and skill.

Out of those types of fame, I'd rather have immortality than popularity, but either would be nice.

My Writing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 am 
Normal-Fan

Listening To: You While You Snore At Night
Reading: How To Stalk Random People
Eating: Your Soul
Drinking: Your Blood
Playing: Your Video-Games
That's a tough one. Well, fame is being exposed to others, allowing them to judge what you do, to be known. Fame is what most people strive toward, and while most people cannot accomplish it, people who do are known almost everywhere. Don't get me wrong though - fame isn't a bad thing. Wanting fame is a bad thing. When I didn't have many friends, I despised people that newly arrived into my school and just hung out with the popular kids - it made me think horrible things about them. This was the point in my life where I was a fame-hungry fool. However, I'm the kind of person to hold myself back and praise people instead of hurt them, unless I truly hate them. So I guess something happened when all of a sudden I got popular around school, and I made friends. What I'm trying to say is, fame doesn't matter - I mean it's good to have it, but it doesn't matter if you don't. Just do what makes you happy, getting famous for it is just a bonus.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 am 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
GunZet wrote:

This, just take out skateboarding,and insert martial arts, boxing, and cultural studies.

Edit
With that said I cannot deny that there is a part of me that never wants to be famous, when you are famous you really no longer have a personal matter, people are forever watching you and waiting for you to mess up, or do something stupid.

Last edited by Blackmage on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]