It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 am 
Offline
Three-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 488
Location: HELL!!!
Gender: Male
Listening To: Slayer, Sodom, VENOM, and more...
Reading: PORNOGRAPHY!!!! =3
Eating: FEWD
Drinking: FEW-- uhm.. BOOZE
Playing: Elite Beat Agents... AND ITS KICKING MY ASS!!
You know, i've been thinking.
Why is it that cartoon villains seem so... stupid.
i mean, think about it:

Some random villain cooks up a "grand master plan".
Then, he/she executes that plan.
the heroes come to stop him/her.
the heroes get caught.
the heroes escape and aprehend the villain.
the end.

don't get me wrong, i know it's meant for the kids, but why does the villain always has to do effort and spend loads and loads of energy on executing their plan for world domination, which is quitte simply insanely retarded! (i'm talking to you Totally Spies!)

and why the silly goose does the villain always have to "leave the heroes to die" near some kind of doomsday weapon, laser, lavapit, botomless hole, or whatever the are trying to kill them with.
i mean seriously? why is the so called villain leaving them all alone, without even taking their tools or whatever they're carrying.
why is this? are villains afraid of blood these days? don't they even have the guts to just get a gun and shoot the hero through the head?

and not only cartoons have this problem.
for example at the end of the game Red Faction:
Spoiler! :
Aparently one of the big naughty bad-guys named Masako, captures your leader, Eos.
and instead of just blowing her brains all over the floor, which sounds like a overall pretty good plan.
He simply ties her up next to a bomb and just leaves, just like that!
It's almost as if he's saying:
"Even tough i can just simply shoot you in the face, i'm going for a more 'evil' method.
So i'm just going to tie you up next to this easy to disable bomb!
MUHAHAHAHAHA!! Now, if you excuse me, i'm going to step aboard this high-tech yet easy to destroy plane that fire unguided yet easy to dodge rockets!"


Now here's my question: Why? why would have someone be evil, just to execute a incredibly stupid plan and use fairly retarded strategies?
What's wrong with a little realism?
i mean look at the main "bad-guy" from The Rock, General Hummel.
The guy has a perfect reason to be "evil".
The guy was used by the goverment for illegal missions, in which he lost many good men.
but did they get a honourfull funeral, and a huge load of cash for their mourning families?
nope, all they got was an unmarked grave in a country which name is simply to hard to remember for a normal citizen... if their lucky that is.
So the general tries all kinds of legal ways to get the money for the families lost in battle, so they can sustain themselfes.
which ofcourse doesn't work, so he resorts to a desperate more drastic measure.
hold a huge number of tourist hostage in Alcatraz and threaten to launch bio-chemical over San Francisco if the goverment doesn't cough up $100 million.

While in reality the goverment is the real villain.

Now THAT is realistic. (take that 4Kids!)

First off the guy has a good reason, is a non-psychotic reasonable person and has group of well-trained men and a well tought-out plan.
oh and he's "human".
while this is only one example, you could say the cartoon industry has more than enough examples of a good "villain".

but why do they keep making the bad-guys look like absolutely retards with a extremely large budget for building all kinds of shit and hiring almost every random person as a henchman, and even tough the majority went to college they still look like complete morons!

Why the silly goose is this?!

_________________
I am Dyslexic of Gorb,
Prerape to be asslaminated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 pm 
Offline
Fan's-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 331
Location: Take a left from Canada. You can't miss it.
Gender: Male
Playing: Life isn't a game. Its a place for fun.
That is basically people who write cartoons and such for little kids cause they lack reality in their stories. So when you post this and say that its the dumbest thing, little kids watch with transfixed eyes, lacking the imagination of how to make things more simple than tying someone to a bomb. Its a way to get more writers. The not so good ones write the kid shows while the good ones (sometimes not so good) write the stories with more reality for more mature minds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:27 pm 
Offline
Devilish-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am
Posts: 772
Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Gender: Male
WarFire wrote:
You know, i've been thinking.
Why is it that cartoon villains seem so... stupid.
i mean, think about it:

Some random villain cooks up a "grand master plan".
Then, he/she executes that plan.
the heroes come to stop him/her.
the heroes get caught.
the heroes escape and aprehend the villain.
the end.

don't get me wrong, i know it's meant for the kids, but why does the villain always has to do effort and spend loads and loads of energy on executing their plan for world domination, which is quitte simply insanely retarded! (i'm talking to you Totally Spies!)

and why the silly goose does the villain always have to "leave the heroes to die" near some kind of doomsday weapon, laser, lavapit, botomless hole, or whatever the are trying to kill them with.
i mean seriously? why is the so called villain leaving them all alone, without even taking their tools or whatever they're carrying.
why is this? are villains afraid of blood these days? don't they even have the guts to just get a gun and shoot the hero through the head?

and not only cartoons have this problem.
for example at the end of the game Red Faction:
Spoiler! :
Aparently one of the big naughty bad-guys named Masako, captures your leader, Eos.
and instead of just blowing her brains all over the floor, which sounds like a overall pretty good plan.
He simply ties her up next to a bomb and just leaves, just like that!
It's almost as if he's saying:
"Even tough i can just simply shoot you in the face, i'm going for a more 'evil' method.
So i'm just going to tie you up next to this easy to disable bomb!
MUHAHAHAHAHA!! Now, if you excuse me, i'm going to step aboard this high-tech yet easy to destroy plane that fire unguided yet easy to dodge rockets!"


Now here's my question: Why? why would have someone be evil, just to execute a incredibly stupid plan and use fairly retarded strategies?
What's wrong with a little realism?
i mean look at the main "bad-guy" from The Rock, General Hummel.
The guy has a perfect reason to be "evil".
The guy was used by the goverment for illegal missions, in which he lost many good men.
but did they get a honourfull funeral, and a huge load of cash for their mourning families?
nope, all they got was an unmarked grave in a country which name is simply to hard to remember for a normal citizen... if their lucky that is.
So the general tries all kinds of legal ways to get the money for the families lost in battle, so they can sustain themselfes.
which ofcourse doesn't work, so he resorts to a desperate more drastic measure.
hold a huge number of tourist hostage in Alcatraz and threaten to launch bio-chemical over San Francisco if the goverment doesn't cough up $100 million.

While in reality the goverment is the real villain.

Now THAT is realistic. (take that 4Kids!)

First off the guy has a good reason, is a non-psychotic reasonable person and has group of well-trained men and a well tought-out plan.
oh and he's "human".
while this is only one example, you could say the cartoon industry has more than enough examples of a good "villain".

but why do they keep making the bad-guys look like absolutely retards with a extremely large budget for building all kinds of shit and hiring almost every random person as a henchman, and even tough the majority went to college they still look like complete morons!

Why the silly goose is this?!

What I put in bold is the very reason logic is not needed. Its meant to be this way really, I have no respect nor love for it (trust me I can't stand majority of cartoons and not just this one, but alot of shit that is showed on nick and cartoon network is downb right fucking stupid to me.)

Brain132 wrote:
That is basically people who write cartoons and such for little kids cause they lack reality in their stories. So when you post this and say that its the dumbest thing, little kids watch with transfixed eyes, lacking the imagination of how to make things more simple than tying someone to a bomb. Its a way to get more writers. The not so good ones write the kid shows while the good ones (sometimes not so good) write the stories with more reality for more mature minds.

which are still considered for kids because they are animated and not live action, which is something I have notice people seem to believe.

_________________
More then nothing, but less then something, that is what it means to be average.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 pm 
Offline
Fan's-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 331
Location: Take a left from Canada. You can't miss it.
Gender: Male
Playing: Life isn't a game. Its a place for fun.
Quote:
which are still considered for kids because they are animated and not live action, which is something I have notice people seem to believe.



I actually meant actual live action, not animae. But yeah, I see where you're going with this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
Devilish-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am
Posts: 772
Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Gender: Male
Am I like the only person who can barely stomach live action shows?

_________________
More then nothing, but less then something, that is what it means to be average.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 pm
Posts: 3736
Location: Show me the way to prove my rove.
Blackmage did you have to quote the entire op to bold one word twice.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:49 pm 
Offline
Devilish-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am
Posts: 772
Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Gender: Male
Jubeh wrote:
Blackmage did you have to quote the entire op to bold one word twice.

nope, but since when did I need a reason for my madness?

_________________
More then nothing, but less then something, that is what it means to be average.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:36 am 
Offline
Three-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 am
Posts: 366
Gender: Male
Pondering making a thread called "Blackmage logic" now.

_________________
Image
Mmm. Eri~ <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:09 am 
Offline
Devilish-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am
Posts: 772
Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Gender: Male
AWWW I DIDNT KNOW YOU CARED!

_________________
More then nothing, but less then something, that is what it means to be average.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cartoon and videogame logic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:55 pm 
Offline
Obsessed-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 3164
Location: Just who the hell do you think I am?!
Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
CypressDahlia wrote:
Pondering making a thread called "Blackmage logic" now.

Please. Do it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group