It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The "Problem" Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:53 pm 
Normal-Fan

Listening To: You While You Snore At Night
Reading: How To Stalk Random People
Eating: Your Soul
Drinking: Your Blood
Playing: Your Video-Games
Lately, I've been having an on-and-off-happiness-and-sadness routine going on, and it really cause some problems for me. Usually, I am energetic and full of jokes, but ever since I left the USA, I'm just a depressed teenager - and by depressed I mean I've had countless problems. One of them is the school system here: they want to send me a grade back because they don't have kindergarten here, (so seventh grade in the states is eigth grade in this torture-land) and they didn't realize it yet.
So what I want you to do is:
Post any problem(s) you have.
Give motivation or confidence to others with problems.

DO NOT POST ANY HATEFUL COMMENTS TO BRING MISERY. I made this thread to help people out with any problems they have.
As one final semi-profound note:
Life can be in your hands, or someone else's. Life is sure to be full of many challenges to overcome, and while many people say "It'll go away", it won't. Situations where you cannot do anything to aid someone, including yourself, is a problem. Some problems can eat away at your psyche, while others are the mere wants of someone. Talking to others can really influence your problems, but sometimes it will not play as an important factor whatsoever. Through all of this, remember one thing: A simple "It's okay" won't help. Take action if you can, and do everything in your strength to prevent your problem - do the best you can to assist yourself and most of your problems will seem to vanish.

Post subject: Re: The "Problem" Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:40 pm 

There was a thread like this around 4 years ago called the whacked up life thread. It was really good!

If anyone is a butthead in this thread report them plz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm 
Three-Fan

I'll type them all out when I get back. my list is going to be about a mile long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Listening To: Why Bacon is awesome
Reading: The Bacon Cookbook
Eating: Bacon
Drinking: Liquid Bacon
Playing: Bacon Barbarian IX: The Quest for the Crispy Bacon
Where do you live now?

And my problems are my own, so I'll be quiet.

EDIT: And since this thread wont last because of this site's penultimate destruction.

Celestial-Fox wrote:
COME BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK--

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm 

The next to last destruction of this site? Whuh?

I have bad teeth. Twenty-two years of too much soda and sweets, eight years of smoking, and twenty years of not brushing my teeth regularly (or ever), led to the demise of what could have been a beautiful smile. A lack of dental insurance and parental give a care contributed too. So now, after a series of visits to free-clinic dentists and one over-ambitious army dentist have given me missing teeth, and a few cavities that wouldn't be there if they'd been paying attention when they were yanking teeth out. I have a mouthful of pain and grossness and it effects everything. Employers don't want to hire someone with a grin that's full of holes. People dismiss me as stupid sometimes if I smile because intelligent people don't have bed teeth, right? I've had people see my teeth and literally shrink back in horror. I have insurance now, but they'll only pay $1500 a year for dental work, so getting this fixed up is going to take a couple years and lots of money. I cried when I found out, because I thought that having insurance would be the answer and I'd have my mouth fixed by the end of this year. But I guess looking forward to shit jinxes it or something.

Also, my body is ugly. I don't mean it like "I'm gonna say I'm ugly so people will look at me and tell me how pretty I am," I mean "My body is ugly." I gained a lot of weight when I was a teenager - I was over 300lbs. at one point. Because of that I have pale stretch marks freaking everywhere. I won't wear a swimsuit or short skirt without something covering my thighs, because of cottage cheese butt and thighs and the fat scars that extend half way to my knees. I was an ugly, gangly kid who turned into an ugly fat teenager and then to an okay-looking adult as long as I wear just the right clothes and put my makeup on just right.

I have GAD too, which means I'm scared and worried about everything. I over analyze everything, so a tiny worry becomes a horrible disaster scenario in my mind before I even know what's going on. I thought I was okay with it and had it all under control a few years ago so I joined the Army because I couldn't think of anything else to do with myself anymore. I did okay until I got to AIT, then waiting for a class to open up and being in close quarters with about 50 other females brought it all back and I took a bottle of Percocet to try and make it all just stop. A couple visits to a mental hospital and a hasty discharge later and I was back in Kansas, two steps back from where I was before it started because I was trying to get therapeutic on medication that made me manic and trying to find a job and deal with the looks I got from my family and friends because now I was a crazy freak who apparently couldn't handle anything. I took two Ambien because I wasn't paying attention and my best friend took me to the ER and got mad at me for getting annoyed about it. She couldn't ask me what was going on before jumping to conclusions I guess. No one asked me anything about my experience with it, they just swept my experience under the rug and never talked about it, like it was shameful and needed to be hidden lest it ruin their reputations. Wouldn't do anyone any good to be associated with a crazy person, right?

So now I'm living with my dad, because living with my best friend and her boyfriend who can't keep a job turned out to be a bad idea. I've had a couple jobs here, but the last place I worked closed down and I haven't been able to find work anywhere. Walmart and McDonald's don't want me, but they'll take people who are really terrible at their jobs. And the longer I go unemployed, the more employers will ignore my application. Doesn't help that I'm shy around large groups and have this tendency to fade into the background to the point where people will forget I'm there and jump when I say something.

TL;DR, I've got 99 problems but a silly goose ain't one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm 

Geez dude. ):

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

I'm pretty epic and cool. Also there is always something amazing abotu my life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:50 pm 

I don't have anything to post because I solve all my problems using violence like video games taught me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm 

Lol Jubeh. I know a couple cheat codes if you need them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm 
Mega-Fan

I was solving problems with my fists and realised I get out of breath a lot faster than I used to. So I think I should get back into martial arts, just not karate that was boring.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 pm 
Three-Fan

ok, here's a few:
I have major joint problems, and have since I was born. the arch bones in my feet are prone to popping out without support, so I have to wear orthopedic shoes. ( :cry: ) last month I slipped on my front steps on the way to school and messed up my left leg, and I haven't been able to walk without pain since. I'm on several different painkillers and my doctor is talking about major surgery.
I had to move two years ago because both me and my best friend were being harassed at school, and I haven't been adjusting to my new school. I have problems silly goose in and all my friends that I've made since the move are treating me like shit. not to mention recently I've been having random flashbacks about my old school and the painkillers seem to make them worse.
my cat has cancer.
my other cat just died from cancer.
my parents, who have been divorced for 6 years, are fighting over custody.
I am flat broke but expected to pay for my own food, clothing, and school supplies. plus I'm supposed to be buying myself a laptop next year for high school.
I'm in love with someone who hates me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
I got a billion problems. But I'll keep those to myself.
As for the most current?
I registered for community college 3 months ago. Had awesome classes and everything picked.
Recently I was dropped because my financial aid didn't get to the school...why not? Apparently my FAFSA was filled out for some Art Institute of Denver...but I never put that on there.
So then my mom helped me register AGAIN for shitty classes cause the others were dropped.
Filled out another FAFSA

Checked back a few days later to see if they got it.
I was dropped AGAIN!
Because this time the FAFSA said I applied it for the Art Institute of Chicago...once more..I didn't.

So now I gotta register for a third time...and I'm pretty silly goose about it.
Other than that. Life's peachy, just a little rotten on the cut side.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:34 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

Um. So my problems:
I'm pretty sure I have a fracture in my left leg.
I am flat footed.
I'm a nerd.

Yeah man. I am p. messed up in the physical department.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

i've been having problems( alot actually it just piles up in a negative spiral)...and i'm still having them.... i really want to change but i'm 2 afraid of making a step, afraid whats gonna happen whats gonna happen after that, afraid i'm going to make mistakes but the biggest mistake is that i'm not making a step at all =.= now that i realised that ... i feel worse OTL and sometimes i think i'm just being over-dramatical and actually have no problems at all :/ but that just makes me feel worse xD ,, oh well ...life..pfft..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:40 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
So fear is holding you back eh.
Why be afraid of changing. It's nothing really. That's like saying you freaked out when you started to grow boobs.
Just take the step, and welcome it. Cool?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next