It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum Global Rules
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 pm 
Founder

Hi there! Welcome to the message board! I'm Rio, the founder of Manga Tutorials.

My first act is to lay down the golden law:
Follow the rules and play nice or face eviction from these here premises.

And the next golden rule which applies to the whole site:

Quote:
No H (silly goose), nude pics or links including links to illegal material (like warez sites, scanlation sites, etc) and disturbing images like decapitated bodies and whatnot. This site, not just the forum, is open to all ages from children to adults. Please be considerate of everyone.... If you're not, then be prepared to get banned!

Btw, make sure you play nice with the Mods:
Hayabashi (formerly Dokken)
Jubeh
Alexander Hamilton
zoe (Oekaki Section)
ozzaharwood (Oekaki Section)
pajamajam (Oekaki Section)

They're here to help you, keep everything sane and make sure rules are abided. Welcome to the forum!

===========================

Sizes of Images in Your Posts

Hey everyone! I'm glad to see folks posting up their artwork to share and get feedback (critiques and comments).

What I do not like to see is overly large images that makes you scroll to the left and right. It's bothersome and personally, your images look much better if it's at a reduced size.
You know why? Because the inking is much cleaner and crisper and you don't see as many mistakes - like colors going off to another area or inking lines that didn't exactly stop where it's supposed to.

Not to mention that it's better for people who have slow internet connections.

So please be considerate and keep your image widths around 640 pixels or we may have to edit your post and link your image directly to a url (and we DO NOT like doing that!).

Thanks for listening. You've been warned. Have a nice day! =)
(Originally posted August 15, 2004)

===========================

Want to Post in the Manga Tutorials Forum? Become a Member!

Due to a recent rash of spam and a person or persons who can't take the hint that it's unwanted, only forum members can post topics in the whole forum. That means that Guest's can no longer post messages.

Sign-up doesn't take that long. All you need to fill in is your username, password, and email address. A membership verification will be sent to the provided email and once confirmed, you may post to your hearts content.

...Well, almost to your hearts content. Just follow the rules, don't get on my bad side, and it's all cool.

(Originally posted February 14, 2005)

Post subject: More Information
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 pm 
Founder

=================================
QUESTIONS
Should you have any questions, stop by the Ask a Mod section and post your question. I recommend you at least look through all the threads first before you ask as someone may have already asked what you want to know.

Also, if you sent me an email with a question and you didn't receive a reply, check The Mailbox.

ARCHIVED THREADS
If you are looking for old posts from the MT.com forum of yore, go to http://www.mangatutorials.net/bb

Post subject: Re: Forum Global Rules
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:14 pm 
Founder

Some people seem to be unsure about what is illegal or not so I'll make a clarification/addition to the rules (changes are in bold):

Quote:
No H (silly goose), nude pics or links including links to illegal material (like warez sites, scanlation sites, etc) and disturbing images like decapitated bodies and whatnot. This site, not just the forum, is open to all ages from children to adults. Please be considerate of everyone.... If you're not, then be prepared to get banned!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]