It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: successful sketching sans stress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 am 
Naughty-Fan

amazingly asinine alliteration always awes absolutely.

well with that sillyness over with i suppose i should actually begin explaining what i'm getting at here.

The short of it is trying to deal with the fact drawing has an unfortunate tendency to be a rather stressful experience for me that i am unwilling to drop.

The long of it is a theory i have as to a way to get over said stress. Sadly attempting to follow through on this theory has not been a smooth or terribly successful endeavor

The theory relates to sketching, or more importantly to the idea that it might work at reducing stress, simplifying and speeding up drawing. To better understand why i think this might work, and perhaps why it's not going well, realize that i tend to spend seemingly exorbitant amounts of time on a single doodle (sometimes upwards of 2-3 hours) so if failure hits having pent so much time and effort on it makes the wound that much deeper (i.e greater stress etc...). Getting around this problem will seemingly at least lighten the load of stress, not to mention the supposed usefulness of things like thumbnail sketches or the fact that sketching seems to be close to if not at the heart of many drawing exercises ad skills ( drawing from life, and gesture drawings come to mind)

however as stated attempting to get at this is not proving to be easy, and arguably is just as stressful as drawing itself, at times maybe even more so. the reason why eludes me ( i would be willing to drop a small bet it's related to if not the same as the reason why i'm pursuing this course of action) but hopefully matters can be fixed without that knowledge. And this is where you assistance comes in, any idea how to get over this, be it the over all stress, or being able to get over this problem with sketching.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]